this is my hangout. when the door is open to the porch, and the breeze blows through the house, i sit with my lap top and write. noise from the street, garden and georgia southern rail filters in and out. the subway rattles and the music from the gym on the corner wafts high and low. december is fickle in atlanta. cold one day. warm the next. that's what i like about the urban south. atlanta is unpredictable. quirky. fast, not slow. and diverse.
in the last few weeks of december, just shy of a *significant* birthday for me and the new year, everything stands out brighter and more luminous than the stresses and trials of the last few years. joseph campbell said, "If you follow your bliss, you put yourself on a kind of track that has been there all the while, waiting for you, and the life you ought to be living is the one you are living."
ten in 10: simple gifts
1. left the rat race - now running my own, personal marathon
2. boy kid one, girl kid two, my man and family
3. a farm, a sea, a city, a garden
4. painting, drawing, writing, - everyday
5. walking to pick my son up from school
6. paintings exhibited out and around atlanta for 6 of 12 months
7. teaching gifted, college level students
8. roller skates
9. finally, almost learning to strum a ukulele. well kind of...
10. new and old glorious friends, near and far