2012-12-20

twelve 2012


twelve months of painting and drawing
(a selection from 2012)

i am truly grateful that i painted everyday from december 2011 through August 2012, and then weekly.
in october i took a small break.  in november and december i have been getting the studio ready for another year that plans to be more deeply devoted to the studio ritual that i cherish.

i feel lucky.

i get to do this work from a small studio at my home and with creative kids interrupting me constantly.
it is wonderful and it is often in these little interruptions that i hear what a painting is telling me.
my kids force me to focus and listen.

these paintings utilize the same 6 basic colors, give or take a special addition here or there.
to me, the limited palette is part of a game: the wonderful battle with paint as a distinct language and the surprise that comes throughout the process of painting.


Special thanks to Poem*88, One Twelve Gallery, Georgia Perimeter College Galleries, 
The Defoor Center Forum Gallery, The Swan Coach House and Mint Gallery for showing my work this year in group, three person and a solo shows.



january
february
march
april
may
june
july
august
september
october
november
december ( 36" x 36" in progress)
this work is in the beginning stages  -  on to 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment